If you do not OPT-IN to receiving information from us via e-mail / text message, communication from the surgery (including appointment confirmation text message and appointment reminder text messages) will STOP on 25th May 2018.
You may have heard about the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into effect on 25 May 2018. To comply with GDPR consent requirements we need to confirm that you would like to continue to receive information via text message and e-mail from the surgery.
Bridport Medical Centre would like to contact you by text message and/or e-mail. During this digital age, text messages and e-mails are an efficient way to communicate with patients. If you agree to receive text message and e-mails from the practice, this will include;
- Appointment booking confirmation (text message)
- Appointment booking reminders the day before your appointment (text message)
- Notification of missed appointments (text message)
- Requests for you to contact the surgery
- Notification when test results are back, and if we need to speak to you
- Reminders to book an appointment (e.g. For a immunisations, annual check-ups, blood tests)
- Invitation to appointments you are eligible for (e.g. NHS health checks, cervical screening)
- Health campaign information
- Surgery information / updates (e.g. Change in opening hours, new service starting etc)
- Information about the status of a referral to hospital or specialist service
- Information about your medication and prescriptions
- Information about other services (e.g. contact details)
- Requests for feedback following attendance at the surgery (friends and family test)
To OPT-IN, please reply YES to the text message received from the practice OR speak to a member or our Reception Team.